Monday, April 25, 2011

Teaching the Revolutionary War

The first lesson I taught as part of my Field Experience in a fifth grade classroom was to introduce the Revolutionary War unit. I found this great Readers Theatre, which I adapted to include more students. In it, the Founding Fathers are discussing all the reasons they decide to declare war against the King and become a country in their own right. All of my students really enjoyed participating in the Readers Theatre and they came away with an interest in learning more about the injustices that create the need for the colonists to rebel against England. The Readers Theatre came from:
Readers Theatre for American History by Anthony D. Fredericks.

Teacher Idea Press, Englewood, CO.

Copyright 2001

ISBN 1-56308-860-6S

Be sure to check it out for other Readers Theatre scripts as well to get your students engaged In American History!!

No comments:

Post a Comment